An individual must be officially admitted into the university and, with limited exceptions, enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program in order to receive student financial aid funds. A regular student is one who is enrolled for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by the university. Exceptions are 1) a student taking coursework necessary for enrollment in an eligible program, such as leveling coursework required for a Master’s degree 2) a student enrolled in a teacher certification program. After a student is officially accepted, his/her financial aid eligibility is determined. An official award of financial aid will be made. Estimated awards may be communicated to the student earlier, but are subject to revision as a student’s enrollment status and eligibility are finalized.

Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting it to the Federal Processing Center for evaluation establishes federal and state aid eligibility. To request a PIN (personal identification number), students and parents can go online to The PIN will allow the student and parent to sign the FAFSA electronically.

A student who is in default on a federal or state guaranteed loan or owes a repayment to any federal or state aid program may not be eligible for any student aid funds and official academic transcripts will not be released to this student. Contact the Financial Aid Office at the campus of attendance for guidance in cases of default or overpayment.

University scholarship and grant eligibility is specific to the particular scholarship or grant program. In addition to specific requirements, eligibility is generally extended only to full-time students. However, special circumstances may arise that allow a scholarship recipient to enroll on a part-time basis. Under such circumstances, approval must be in writing prior to the scholarship award. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the end of each semester to maintain eligibility.

If student misconduct results in disciplinary probation status, the student is not eligible to receive institutional scholarship or grant assistance for the term of the probation. Proration of current term assistance will be required.

*WBU 11-12 Academic Catalog pages 41-42