Top 10 Reasons to
Buy Health Insurance
- When you put your health at risk, you put your finances at risk as well.
- Without health insurance, even a short-term illness or injury could cost thousands of dollars. You could lose your savings, car, or even your home, and it could affect your credit rating or even future job opportunities.
- Broken leg. Basic x-ray. Simple cast. $3,000. Now THAT hurts.
- Your parent’s policy may not provide adequate coverage if you live beyond the in-network area, and young adults who are otherwise on their own have no recourse but to obtain coverage for themselves.
- You may find yourself with a gap between the end of current health insurance and the start of coverage from a new employer.
- Some employers don’t offer insurance benefits, or the programs they do offer are prohibitively expensive.
- Employment for 18 to 24 year-olds is at 54% -- the lowest since 1948, when the government started keeping track.
- Freelancers and consultants may need to find their own insurance coverage.
- Many young adults have their own families and need to consider coverage that will include their spouse or partner, and children, if any.
- Going without Health insurance, even for a short period of time, is
Just. Plain. Dumb.
The Alumni Insurance Program offers a variety of reasonably-priced Health insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings. Visit http://meyerandassoc.com/wayland to learn more or call the program administrator at 800-635-7801.